**Artist in Residence Positions Full for 2013**
Each year, Interface Gallery will offer two month-long Artist in Residence opportunities to emerging artists who demonstrate promise and seriousness and submit innovative proposals for how they will use their time. Interface Gallery is particularly interested in hosting artists working in the areas of social practice and site specific or interactive installations.
While Interface Gallery typically presents work by Bay Area artists, this residency is available to artists from anywhere around the world.
Artists in Residence will be given the gallery as work and exhibition space for the entire month of the residency.
Artists in Residence will be expected to:
• use the time at Interface Gallery to produce work that will be presented to the public in the form of an open studio or final installation.
• offer 2-3 interactive public events throughout the course of the residency.
• hold semi-regular gallery hours so that visitors may see work in progress and have an opportunity to view completed work (the format for this is flexible and will be negotiated between Interface Gallery and selected artists).
There is a stipend offered for this residency.
Artists may submit applications for a residency at any time and Interface Gallery may select artists at any time. Both the April and August residencies are currently FULL.
If interested, please email Interface Gallery with:
• a CV.
• a brief proposal for how you will use your time at Interface Gallery. You should have a fairly strong sense of what you will be working on, even if how exactly it will manifest is as yet unclear.
• a website where your work can be viewed. If you do not have a website, please attach no more than 5 images of your work. More images may be requested later.
Email proposals | firstname.lastname@example.org